[IP] start off with saline or not?

after 8 months of waiting we are ready to 'hook up'
our first child (is 11 y/o has had DM for 9 yrs) with
the pump and was wondering if some veteran parents
could offer some advice about using saline at first to
get used to site chages and bolusing.  We are being
trained in our home with our pump rep (has been
wearing a pump for 9 years) and are not staying in a
hospital over night.  My inclanation is to go live and
skip the saline, what are your thoughts?  Thanks.

Do You Yahoo!?