RE: [IP] cure it?

>This may sound strange but my husband seems to think that if they find a
>cure for D that it will not made known because the government is making
>money off of all the insulin, supplies, and stuff that we use.  Anyone
>else have comments?

I agree with your husband 100% and have for over 20 years!  And I don't
think it's strange at all.  Makes me madder than hell, but in my opinion
not strange and probably true.  Maybe not all the government, but
definitely government and pharmaceutical companies.

A friend of mine use to be heavily involved in politics and was actually
told that they didn't want to promote finding a cure for diabetes for
diabetics spend a lot and support the economy.  The sad thing about it,
this was when I was 22, 18 years ago.  Now we spend a whole lot more with
strips, pump supplies etc.

I don't believe it's a "true" conspiracy, just our government and big
business ( which pharmaceutical companies are ) trying to look out for
their best interest, not ours.  Remember the post about Propulsid being
taken off the market.  The emphasis was on how much money the company was
going to lose, not on how it will GREATLY impact my life or that of many
others.  Any yes I know there are other drugs out there but they don't work
for me.  The point being, they care more about money then "our" lives.

> > BE LOUD BE PROUD BE PUMP BUMPY!!   WE ARE MAD
> > AS HELL AND WE AREN'T GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE

I couldn't agree with you more!  I do the best I can and not let the
reality that I believe is out there ruin my life.

>  or we could all move to Canada....

Any hot places like AZ?  :-)

Fran