[IP] Missing the Point About Insurance and Strips

> I think that Rosa's complaint about her Insurance was about a test strips
> issue.  She already has the pump.
> I have noticed a lot of posts lately from people who have totally missed
> point or message in a post and then they jump to respond.  I know that it
> feels great to be able to provide people with help when they need it but
> make sure you understand what they are asking for help about.  Just my
> observation and humble opinion.

Advice well taken and the observation is true enough.  However, the issue is
about persistance in the face of  insurance denials regardless of the item
being denied.  I think any example of the success of this approach is
appropriate and worthwhile encouragement.  But to keep it closer to the
topic, I was denied 300 strips per month.  My HMO would only cover 200 per
month.  Persistance paid off when they firmly stated they would not provide
the needed 300 but, instead, would put me on a three week cycle so I could
order 200 strips every three weeks.  Now, can anyone undertand that logic?

John Kinsley
email @ redacted
Type 1 since 1956
MM 507 since 6/9/98