Re: [IP] Snoops in our forum

At 08:53 AM 6/15/00 -0800, you wrote:
>It's come to my attention that a firm calling itself
>Assistance in Marketing
>is apparently mining e-mail addresses from our forum in
>direct violation of terms and conditions of use for this forum. If
>ANY of you receive a message from this organization, please forward
>it to me ASAP.
>email @ redacted

Sorry Michael

I must add something to this..  for Everyone that has not Read the
Rules/Netiquette please it Located at:

Here is a little Clipping for the Snoop:

The sending of any unsolicited email advertising messages to our mail
servers will result in the imposition of civil liability against you in
accordance with Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code Section 17538.45.

If I remember correctly this can be done on a individual email situation so
if you send 1 message to all 2440 members that can add up to be a LARGE
fine.  (usual cost per violation is $50-$500  times  2440 turns out to be
between $122,000 - $1,220,000) .