Re: [IP] bolusing for protein/fat

That's common!  One dietician I know suggests that Type I diabetics, esp those on
pumps or  tight MDI not eat ager 6:30PM -- that isn't necessarily what one should
do, but her point is just that fat, protein and the high calorie volume of many
people's dinners accumulate and tend to get digested in your sleep.  You do
digest more slowly once you are asleep anyway.  As for the 2 hour # for fat,
well, it depends on the amount of fat, the amount of protein, the total amount of
food, what you are doing (more activity will speed it up), and your own bodie's
speed.  2 hours might be a good number for a light meal with fat and an medium
activity day.  You have to experiment to figure it out.

Ruth