[IP] Re: WOW! Somebody finally "gets it" about Pumping!

Recently Renee posted this report:

> JACKSONVILLE, Fla., June 15 /PRNewswire/ -- A study published in the May/June
> issue of "Endocrine Practice" finds that many diabetes patients can have
> better control of their blood sugar with a simple adjustment in their insulin
> dosage.  The study showed that Type 1 diabetes patients currently using
> insulin pump therapy controlled their blood sugar levels more effectively by
> adjusting their mealtime therapy dosage.

Well, that's a little obscure, no? Do they mean you get better control if
you take extra insulin before meals? If so, DUH! Can there really be pumpers
out there somewhere who do not bolus for meals?!

Or are they referring to some _new_ sort of therapy related to meals? If so,
I'd be interested in hearing the details. Can you provide a pointer, Renee?

Keith Johnson
Fleischmann Planetarium
email @ redacted
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."