[IP] A-Camping We Will Go!

Okay, major planning concern here...any input will be greatly appreciated!

We are packing up to leave on Saturday morning for nine glorious days of
primative camping.  Yes, that is with a capital "P"...not at all the
camper/campground/near a tourist spot variety.  We go to an annual Summer
Solstice event at a private nature sanctuary that is about a million miles
from anywhere (in Ohio, that IS possible), & this will be my first year
attending as a pumper!  Last year I was sick (hospitalized) a few days
before going....when I returned, on my follow-up visit, my doctor said that
if only I could be out in the woods all the time, I'd be the healthiest
patient she has!  (My numbers were phenomenally good!)

Anyway, I'm trying to plan what to take so that I'm prepared.  (I tend to be
like the Sara who plans for the apocolypse, & I'm trying not to completely
fill the blazer with pump supplies if I can help it!  :)  )  I always take,
of course, my current meter & a spare, & plenty of batteries & strips.
Since I'm on a Disetronic, I can take along a backup pump...but I am worried
about it being adversely affected by cold nighttime temperatures.  Anyone
have any experience here, or good advice as far as preparations go?

Soon to be a Happy Camper,