[IP] Dawn Phenomenon

>  Lisa Said:>>>>I have been pumping for almost a month and LOVE IT!!
> However I am having a
problem that was discussed here a couple of weeks ago.  My fasting numbers
are good in the morning but as soon as I eat they skyrocket.  Doesn't seem
to matter how much I bolus.  I usually eat an english muffin and a cup of
coffee with flavored creamer.  Just wondered if anyone had found a "cure"
for this yet?Lisa Lacey<<

Hi Lisa,
Many of us have this problem - it is called "dawn phenomenon" and we all
handle it differently.  Mostly, I think, with increased basals  for that
time period.  It took me several years to get this down pat and you will
have to do a fasting check for those am hours to be sure.  My "cure" ended
up with a big basal increased in the am about the time I get up .  My daily
basals are as follows: 12:00 am to 3:00 am = .09,   3:00 am to 4:00 am =
1.0,  4:00 am to 6:00 am = 1.2, 6:00 am to 9:30 am = 1.5, then 9:30 am to
midnight is 1.0.  Every one is different.  This one just works for me.
Also, when I basal for whatever I eat, cup yogurt, 1/2 bagel, or whatever,
my bolus is about 1 unit to 7 cho grams. Just seems to take more in the am.
The rest of the time I use 1/10-15 cho.    You will just have to play around
with it, chart it out, do a couple of fasting basals, and most importantly,
read the book Pumping Insulin!
Good luck!
Bonnie Richardson