[IP] painful sites

> I am experiencing some soreness and tenderness at the place of my site. It
> seems like when I bolus, it tends to get really sore. Lyra

How much insulin do you bolus at one time? Which pump do you use? The reason
I ask, on my 2nd pump that delivered more quickly than my MM507C and 6 units
HURT! -- I broke it up to 3u and 3u, 3 minutes apart. That was before the
square wave or dual wave. Having DM for almost 50 years, and the shot
needles so thin now (I started with 26g - OUCH!), I don't hesitate to inject
when necessary. If you are bolusing a bigger amount, why not take it in an
at a different site? This will preserve your infusion site and may eliminte
the pain -- at least for the time being and you are more *acclimated.* You
can add this amount to your daily total on your log book. Just a thought.

Jan (61 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) & Bluda Sue (MM507C, 3/99)
updated with original poem http://maxpages.com/bludasue