Re: [IP] Meetings and Higher bgs

Yes Maura, meetings do that to me (and many others).  It doesn't even
matter what the subject matter is :-)  I think it has to do with just being
motionless and bored for so long.  and they usually have munchies whick
just make it worse--my ins/carb ratio seems to decrease by half during
meetings.  I prebolus and check often.
   I can't believe you think it is more complicated with the pump.  The
pump gives you a stable baseline--you don't have to eat if you don't want
and you don't ahve to exercise if you don't want.  When you do want to eat,
you bolus--when you exercise you just have to figure out your own body's
needs and bolus/eat accordingly.  You still have to do the latter with MDI,
except with MDI, you have no idea what your basal absorption is doing.
Exercise is complex, but having a constant basal makes it a whole lot more
easy to figure out than with the variability associated with MDI.