Hi tracey.
A1C measures long term control... technically speaking think of your
hemoglobin as a glazed donut.. the worse your control, the higher your bs is
and the more of a coating your hemoglobin receives.. normal range is 4-6% for
NON-diabetics.. my endo wants mine between 6-8%.  I'm not sure if your
results would equate to a percantage by just removing the decimal.. some
things in canadian health care differ in the us.. (my friend's mom lives in
toronto and is a diabetic.. measures daily bs in mmols../?)  anyway.. i hope
that helps..
rn/ dm since 88/ pumper for 3 months...