[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #242

Re: Islet Cell Transplant-The NIH in Bethesda MD are doing studies now on
these transplants I was up there a few months ago and was excluded from the
study because I have some insulin reserve even though I am type 1 -They
measure your c-peptide level to determine if your body has any endogenous
insulin-The only thing they did NOT mention on TV was you will need
immunosupressant drug (3 in combo) for the rest of your life -But they have
say that 8 people are cured -Now I am a pharmacist who knows that the
immunosup drugs can increase your chance of Lymphoma(at least the drugs the
NIH were using) and I do not really call that a cure -Look under the islet
cell foundation or the National Institute of health for more info GOOD LUCK!