[IP] high bg won't come down

Ok got a small problem, and I have done all the steps to trouble shoot.  1.
Bg has been high (243) since 11pm last night.  2.  530 am bg 247.  3.  took
1.2 units to drop it to 127. 4. 6am bg 220.  good, coming down.  5.  720 am
bg 231.
Have changed site previously, changed insulin cartridge last night,, but NOT
insulin bottle.  No air in tubing, site looks excellent now.  What are the
chances my bottle of insulin went bad?  Its been stored in fridge since day
one, except for the last time I opened it to fill cartridge, and that set
worked fine.  Now its not.
Any YMMV advice?  Right now I am going to open a new bottle of insulin but
mark that one as bad temporarily.
Thanks in advance,
Lori A. Willey
First Express Inc.