Re: : [IP] re: lunch schmunch

I hope I am not butting in, but it occurs to me that one part of the problem might
be that on MDI, you are supposed to eat at regular intervals to support the
insulin.  On a pump, if your rates are correct, you only need to eat when you take
insulin IF you are hungry, in need of nourishment or any of the other reasons
people normally eat.  When I was pregnant we went to two different dieticians and
the 2nd one (with the pump experience) pointed out that while eating regularly is
a healthy habit, it is also good to eat when you are hungry and that various size
meals spread out give your body a chance to repond to differenct nutrients.  In
other words, just as any person might want not to eat lunch at noon if they
werem't hungry that day until 1, the same applies on the pump.  In fact, one
problem people sometimes have with those diets like Weight Watchers is that eating
too regularly can cause some individuals to consume a lot more calories overall.
Calories are great if they serve your need.  Unneeded calories are not great for
anyone. It is a different way of thinking:  "am I hungry?" "Have I eaten a
reasonable & nutritious amount to day?" instead of "I need to eat on a schedule".

Does that make sense?

Ruth