Re: [IP] darn infusion sets

> Anyone got any real tricks?

I just started using Arnica cream for set frequented areas with good
results, altho I laughed when it was suggested by the local coop manager who
I was speaking with and have little faith in natural remedies. Also does
wonders for healing bruises in a few days. I use Arniflora gel, it's in a
witch hazel base. Kills my pump-lumps in 24 hrs too:) Even 6mm rapids are
too long and tenders cause me to bleed out of the cannula whenever I just
disconnect. Even at very shallow angles, they bruise me and occlude. Stll
love my pump tho:) Now if they only made something that increases Sub-Q
tissue or stops blood vessels from being in it!
    My arms are finally shot bloody messes, but I'm using arnica to try and
get them back and trying all sorts of "desparation sets" (ribcage was
hilarious failure, took 20 units for dinner (Thai food) and still was 240
two hours later!) , I wish I had more than skin on my back tho:( Even with
horrible luck, it seems the sides of my belly are the only places sites go
in easily, so I place sets wherever they go in easily and move when I go
over 200 (a sure sign for me my sites are bloody)  I also use lavender oil
and chamolmile and/or comfrey extract in my baths to relax myself and soothe
my skin so it's not as painful, sometimes it works on uncomfy sets, but not
always. OTC anesthetic cream w/ aloe around the area is also comforting.
Basting all around the set a few times a day sometimes helps. Tonight tho,
my hair aches, it was a three site day and sugars bounced from 30
(twice)-270:) am basted and trying a belly set...let's hope this one likes
me and it's in that one spot there that tolerates sets:)

Randi "Pixie" Bruner
#9603-040   Bete SA
"Women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs
should relax and  get used to the idea." -Robert A. Heinlein