Re: [IP] lunch schmunch

>But the doc says there is no evidence of any arteriosclerosis, and  > he's
> worried.
> I guess the upbeat part is that it was real, and not in my head!
> But I have to say I'm confused and uncertain about what I should be
> doing as far as BGs -- I CAN knock them down if I take more insulin, and
> I'm not taking a real lot (about 25u a day), but there's this voice in
> my head that says that too much insulin is a bad thing!
> So I guess I need some reassurance!
>  ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c-
>  Natalie A. Sera, with all her ducks in a row!
>  Type Weird, pumping!
Hi Pumperduck from another type weird,

I wasn't aware that you were in my part of the world. I am in Garden Grove.

Tell the voice in your head to go to Toon Town while you live in the real
world. More insulin is a bad thing ONLY if you use it as an excuse to eat
more and more. It is never bad to reduce BGs. If I remember right you still
produce some insulin, but not enough, right? If that is the case, consider
this. There is the possibility that you body has decided to reduce
production of insulin and so you need more. This happened to me about 5
years ago, when I went on insulin and again 2 years ago, coincidently with
my losing 10 pounds of weight. That was when I started considering pumping.

Just for the record, in two weeks I will have been on my 507C for one year,
DM since 1955, insulin since 1995 (no orals ever). I use between 27 and 30
units a day, down from the 45 on MDI.

As someone on this group said-- Freedom comes with a tether.

As I side note, the more I read your postings, both here and on MHD the more
I respect your thinking.