[IP] help straightening out medical bills

In a message dated 6/13/00 7:49:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Dear list:

 This is only partially applicable to insulin pumping, but this group seems
so
 informed, I thought you could help.

 Somewhere I read, in one of the Diabetic digests or magazines, and I also
 think I saw a segment on one of the TV new Journals such as 20-30, Dateline,
 60 minutes, etc., about services that will look at all of your medical bills
 evaluate them for accuracy and that your insurance has paid their
appropriate
 share.  I am asking for my brother who lives in the SF Bay area, who is
 getting hounded for medial bill payments and what the insurance has paid
 seems very arbitrary.  His insurance company has not been helpful and the
 stress is starting to get to him.

 You can email me privately if you know anything.  If would be greatly
 appreciated.
 Thank you for any help you can offer.

 Carlen

-- BEGIN included message

The original message was received at Tue, 13 Jun 2000 07:49:01 -0700
from imo-d03.mx.aol.com [205.188.157.35]

<email @ redacted>

... while talking to pandora.is.bizsystems.com.:
>>> RCPT To:<email @ redacted>
<<< 550 <email @ redacted>... User unknown
550 <email @ redacted>... User unknown
Final-Recipient: RFC822; email @ redacted
Action: failed
This is only partially applicable to insulin pumping, but this group seems so
informed, I thought you could help.

Somewhere I read, in one of the Diabetic digests or magazines, and I also
think I saw a segment on one of the TV new Journals such as 20-30, Dateline,
60 minutes, etc., about services that will look at all of your medical bills
evaluate them for accuracy and that your insurance has paid their appropriate
share.  I am asking for my brother who lives in the SF Bay area, who is
getting hounded for medial bill payments and what the insurance has paid
seems very arbitrary.  His insurance company has not been helpful and the
stress is starting to get to him.

You can email me privately if you know anything.  If would be greatly
appreciated.
Thank you for any help you can offer.

Carlen

-- END included message