[IP] Atkins diet

If you have type 1 diabetes you do not need the Atkins diet. This diet uses
high fat foods and very little carbohydrate to produce ketosis which we are
all too familiar with. You feel so blech from the ketones you can't eat.
Now, I find that this can happen when I underestimate carbs. Heart muscle
cannot use ketones as an energy source. Like Best of Banting and Best said:
Fats burn only in the flame of carbohydrates. Even though that was stated 75
or more years ago it is still true. There was a diet which was used to treat
IDDM before insulin called the Allen diet: No carbs, Protein, Fat and
expanders to make you feel you had eaten enough as if the ketones couldn't
do that: Usually Talcum Powder added to scrambled eggs. Ugh!  If you were
just a little anorectic this could finish off the job.