Re: [IP] to pump or not to pump

I started pumping 18 years ago, back in the dark ages.  There really were a lot
of down sides then that have disappeared with newer pumps, insulins, infusion
sets etc.  I spent much of my teenage and college years on a pump and my
pre-adolescence without one.  Generally, the pump is wonderful.  It is a lot of
work and it sometimes gets tiring (and how much depends very much on the
individual -- I'm interested in the fact that small women in their early 20s
seem to annecdotally most often get tired and have site problems).  These days,
MDI is also a good bit of juggling so there may be a little less contrast
between them then there used to be. But, if and when Gus is tired, he can take a
break for a while -- a day, a week, a month, a year.  First he has to do a long
enough stretch to get really used to it. I think ignoring the tough moments can
leave people disillusioned when they run into them.  Yes, there will be
problems, yes, you might sometimes hate it, but overall it does work much much
better than the alternatives.

Just a different perspective,