[IP] to pump or not to pump

My husband and I had our first pump-exploration meeting with our son Gus(age
7,dxd 10/98)...now some of the language everyone seems to use so easily is
making more sense.  We've gotten the nod from his endo; the insurance co's
approval is a formality.  Getting the pump (after a few more educational
meetings) seems just around the corner.  And now WE'RE getting cold feet.
The prospect of his being permantly hooked up/attached is daunting.  Isn't
it better to get 4-6 shots/day and have the relative freedom of being
unattached?  Gus wants to proceed...at the meeting he held the sample pump
in his hand and remarked that this would be his pancreas.  Yup!  That'd be
it!  Thoughts anyone?  do the benefits (better control) really outweigh the
liabilities?  Thanks for responding.

Thanks also for the recipes using cornstarch and PB.  The balls are perfect
for before hockey or soccer games/practices.  I made a variation with almond
butter, chopped almonds and almond extract.