Re: [IP] Novo Nordisk's Novolog - FDA Approval

> It is my understanding Novolog is the equivalent of
> Humalog. When I spoke to my new endo about mixing
> small amounts of Novolin's Velosulin BR with Humalog.
> He said mixing was fine with him if it worked, but too
> bad Lilly stopped making their buffered regular
> insulin because it is better to mix like brands which
> contain the same receptors.
It may not be necessary to mix with Novolog. Each insulin has it's
own peculiar flavor of buffer chemicals. For most people with
sensitivity to Humalog, it's a good bet that the problem is not with
the insulin itself, but with the buffer. If that's the case, mixing
might not be necessary for the few who are sensitive. If not, mixing
would probably work with either insulin.