[IP] re: lunch schmunch

Just my two cents worth and my own experience--
 first off, for me to have an a1c near 7 or below, I
go through usually at least 4 glucose tabs each day,
never more than about 12 a day. I like to skip lunch
at school on B-days and usually try to compensate by
eating a pack of crackers at 9am (bfast at 7, and then
dinner at 5:30pm, so that's a while to not eat)... as
for eating on schedules.. YEAH RIGHT!
 Sorry, I have been nonstop criticized for my eating
habits since I got my pump--bottom line, everyone is
different, personally I don't care if my habits suck
b/c my control doesn't, and if I wanted to be forced
to eat meals at scheduled times, I'd be on shots.
 As for criticism, well, I like to have about 30 g cho
for lunch. To me, that should be enough--I'm a teen
but I'm definitely not growing, more like shrinking.
And if I don't eat lunch, that's fine. My school nurse
blames *ALL* the probs I've had with this pump on my
eating habits---but then again, she just realized 3
days ago WHY I do insulin every time I eat anything
(she thought I was doing it to hurt myself, thinking I
counted calories and NEEDED the same amount each
time)... My diet has always sucked, as I see it, I go
through stages....healthy eating lots of salad, light
eating about 120g cho a day (I think that's where the
ketones come from) and heavy, like 240 g a day--my
appetite varies, for weeks I'll always crave food and
then I'll want nothing to do with food.  personally my
bg are better with the less I eat, whether its causing
ketones or not.
 My own personal latest thing is 3 meals no snacks and
the gym in the middle of the afternoon.
 Lunch, well I'm nto sure what this summer will bring.
I'm not forcing myself to eat on a schedule at all,
but have learned the "tricks" to maintaining weight
without gaining, while also achieving good bg control.
 Everyone is differnt, but at least for me, every day
is different and that always complicates
schedules--ie, my mom wanting to eat dinner at 5;30,
but not being here 2 nights a week so I fend for
myself, and then "B" days at school where I don't eat
lunch, and a few times a week I work when if I'm lucky
to get a break, I have dinner sometime b4 8 pm...the
pump is meant for this freedom!

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!