[IP] Sites in thin kids

I was wondering if there is anyone who has had the same trouble we are
having.  My son is 6 and very thin.  We have tried the Tender and Rapid
Disetronic infusion sets and the Micro Softsets and Silhoettes with Minimed.
The most we have ever gotten out of a site is 2 days, but most lately only
last about 24 hours.  He has very little fat on his stomach and even less on
his arms and legs.  We are hesitant about trying his bottom because he is
very sensitive in this area and is terrified of us even trying it.  Is the
chance that his sites will work well in his bottom worth traumatizing him to
give it a try?  I know this may seem silly to some but he hated shots in his
bottom so much that I don't want to even attempt it if it won't make much
difference.  Thanks for helping a newbie!