[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #231

>Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 09:17:41 -0400
>From: "Melissa Howell" <email @ redacted>
>Subject: [IP] RE:

>I am like you...tired of the daily battle.  I tried weight watchers
>too...but didn't stick with it.  I also read about Dr. Adkins (no-carb)
>diet, tried it 3 days.  My bg was the best it has ever been but I couldn't
>live like that.  I NEED CARBS!  One of my friends lost alot of weight on
>slim fast...I don't know how that would work with the pump though.

I drink Slim fast for breakfast evdery morning.  I was going to use it to
diet but now I mainly have it because it's fast. (Have to feed three kids
breakfast too) There was some getting used to having only the drink for
breakfast.  That was another reason I couldn't use it for a diet.  When the
time dinner would come and I'd get to have real food I'd go nuts.  That
chewing sensation has to be satisfied for me.  Just by having it for
breakfast I've cut a couple of hundred calories out of my daliy intake so it
does help.  Now if I could just quit nibbling here and there.  I know
grazing is good but I tend to graze on the wrong stuff.  (ie. cookies,
handfuls of cereal, cheetos)

p 1/00
d 12/87