Re: [IP] ok i need some advice

> I hate the bottle- it takes up so much
> space. Would it be okay if I carried the
> strips out of the bottle, or should I put
> it in something? What do you guys do about
> that? Any suggestions or ideas appreciated!! ;)
> Have a great weekend!
Lifescan says "don't".  Seems that results supposedly
get skewed by contamination (both particulate and
moisture).  However, they *DO* sell individually
wrapped strips that are a lot easier to carry.

For myself, I've always got a large bag with me.  95%
of the time a backpack, but occasionally an oversized
purse (I'm the type who likes to be prepared for the

In whatever bad I carry:

*) OneTouch Profile meter with a vial of strips, and an
adjustable length lancing device with three extra
lancets and a dozen alcohol preps. Contained in that
small black zipper pouch that comes with the profile.

*) NovoPen 1.5 and three pen tips in the novopen
carrier case.

*) OneTouch II meter with a vial of strips, unopened
vials of NPH, and Regular (in the one touch strip
bottles to protect from light and shock... a perfect
fit), an unopened cartridge of Humalog,  six syringes,
two dozen alcohol preps, four extra pen tips, a dozen
extra lancets, six 5g glucose tabs, and a penlet II
lancing device.  This contained in a small dual
compartment zipper bag that's only slightly bigger than
the profile's case (one I've had for ten years --
originally belonged to a cable tester)

*) A RedBull (28g-CHO) -- enough to bring me up 40-60
mg/dl -- fixed to the outside of my bag in a drink
holder net.

Sometimes I'll forget to refill the pen tips in the
novopen case, or I'll forget to put my meter back into
my sack, so the emergency case (which rarely gets
opened or removed from my sack has come in handy many a

-Sara G.