[IP] Emla...how long?

We started Kevin on sils about 2 weeks ago and have had awesome numbers and
at least 3 full days if not 4 when we can't change him right away.

One ques. We use the Emla cream and wait for about 45 min. Someone just told
me that their son will apply the cream and in a matter of minutes is
inserting his needle. Does anyone else find that it only takes a few minutes
for the cream to work?  I want to try, but am afraid I'll hurt him and then
he won't use the sils anymore.

Thanks, Linda