[IP] Re: best glucometer

At 09:11 PM 06/08/2000 , you wrote:
>I especially like the
>small size of the FastTake.  I know some people on this list have complained
>of unreliable results with them but my experience has been that with an
>adequate amount of blood on the strip, they work just fine.

I just had the opportunity to test my new FastTake (yes, I was just
diagnosed recently with type 2!) against lab results.  I had a fasting bg
of 156 with the FastTake, and the lab results came back at 159.  Pretty
darn good in my book.  Anthony has always had good results....unless he
didn't get enough blood on the strip, and he appears to have good sense
about when to retest.

Sue, type 2 dx 6-2000, have my own FastTake now!
mother of Anthony, 11, dx 9-22-95, pumping MM508 since 2-17-2000