[IP] New Blood Monitoring system

I attended a support group meeting at the Diatetes Center in Phoenix and they had the representative from Therasense Co., which did a demo of their new glucose monitoring system.  You can go to the Web Site and view the demo there it you like.  The address is http://www.therasense.com .  The system features a method to get a sample from the forearm or finger.  This allows your fingers to rest when necessary.  It was interesting in that it does not use a sucking method like the other non finger sampling meter on the market.  The big advance here may be the lancing device.  I was lucky enough to win the one meter that was given away at the meeting, however they won't be ojn the market until June 30th so I can't report to you the results of prolonged use of this device until later.  Check it out, it is marketed under the name of FreeStyle.

Happy pumping

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!