RE: [IP] Too much insulin

> Dawn,
> I just found "an insulin wizard" that gave me some info. regarding
> this also... www.diabetesnet.com/fitrslts.html I agree with your
> trainer...I take what I need.  But then I read that insulin makes
> you gain weight and I WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT.  NOW WHAT?

Insulin does not make you gain weight. TOO MUCH insulin makes you
gain wait because you must eat to keep from getting low. If you take
too little insulin, you suffer the consequences of high bg's +
complications. Just the right amount for what you eat and you are
the same as a person without diabetes. If you eat a lot you will gain
weight. In the case where there are other contributing factors to
weight gain that have nothing to do with diabetes, those also must be
addressed (thyriod, etc.....).