[IP] retina,insulin amounts and intro

My name is Ashley and I have been on the pump for a year now.  I am 22 and
have had diabetes since age 8.  I never took care of myself, in fact, I am a
recovering anorexic- no doctor can believe I am still alive today after
spending my teen years in ICU with bgs over 1000 and 60 lbs.  I am healthy
now and my A1C is  normal for the first time in my diabetic life.  I
developed complications- I reversed the neuropathy in my legs and feet and
protein in my urine with good control due to the pump.  I have a bad case of
retinopathy.  I have had about 10,000 laser burns, so finally had a
vitrectomy in my right eye and am due for one in my left soon.  I need to
know if there is anyone out there who had "reversed" their retinopathy (a bad
case like mine).  I can't drive at night and barely during the day, but I do
anyways.  I take shark oil, and so many supplements and keep my bg's as close
to normal as possible.  I exercise 30 minutes a day, sometimes more, and eat
     Which brings me to the second portion.  I read some posts about insulin
rates.  Well, since my eyes are a big stress factor now, my basal has
increased by .2 units an hour, so it also depends on stress.
I look foreward to hearing from anyone, any hope would be appreciated.

<A HREF="http://www.essentialsol.com">Aroma Verde</A>