[IP] symptoms

> Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 07:03:40 -0500
> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #225
> I ASSUMED the man was type 1 because his symptoms--well- matched mine:
> high numbers, thirst. urination etc. Nothing was said about his weight
> Bob A

I know a 72-y/o man who had a physical; when the dr. finished he asked if
there were any questions. The man said, "Why am I so thirsty?" A BG was
taken and 586. He was a T-2 - read all the labels and if anything had sugar,
no consumption. If no sugar, he ate all he wanted.  Then I know another 70
y/o, non-overweight man who stood teaching a SS class with a glass of water
in his hand. In a short while he had drunk 4 glasses. Two nurses in the
class said they knew of only one type person who would drink that much
water - a diabetic. He got tested, and yes.  I always thought (almost 50 yrs
DM) that extreme thirst was a symptom no matter what type.
Jan & Bluda Sue