Re: [IP] Islet Cell Transplantation -- NEJM pre-publication release

Holy Cow! I read the article yesterday, but I hadn't bothered to click on
the graphics. That really does put it into perspective. What an amazing
difference in bg control! I really think this (islet cell transplantation)
looks promising, especially if they can figure out how to mass-produce the
pancreatic cells.  I wish they would have said more about the side effects
of the three drugs they use. Hopefully, they aren't as severe as Prednisone.

Mary Jean

<< Greetings all:
    Under the heading of "a picture is worth a thousand words", clicking on
this link to the graph which accompanied the NEJM article says it all!!!.....
 <A HREF="http://www.nejm.org/content/shapiro/figs.asp?section=F3">Original
Articles -- NEJM</A>

Regards, Renee (pump-mom to Melissa)  >>