Re: [IP] HA1C's & Exercise

Rosemary,
I think it depends on each person individually and what sort of strenuous
activity you are doing.  I HAVE to disconnect and start out w/a glucose at
around 150.  This generally works best for me.  However, not always.
Inevitably, I have a very bad low (23) or a considerable high (260).  So much
plays into what affects blood sugars.  I know some pumpers that cut basals in
half while playing tennis and it works for them. I would be on the floor passed
out in a half hour.

As for A1c goals.  I aim for anything below 7.5.  Again, this depends on the
person.  I know some people who aim for an 8 and some who aim for a 6.  Good
luck trying to get it all figured out.
Santana
dx'd 1979 and pumping for 2 years