Re: [IP] Pumpers meeting for teens or others in Philadelphia area

   Melissa's CDE, Gary Scheiner, started a pump group in Wynnewood ( 15
minutes from center City) either 3 or 4 years ago. It meets every other month
& has about 30 members in attendance. Next gathering is a picnic in June,
which we're planning on attending. It's probably THE best resource in the
area for adult pumpers, as evidenced by the fact that some of the oirginal
members are still attending regularly. He's also created an Insulin Pumpers
WALK to Cure Diabetes team that raised over $10,000 I believe last year. Very
few teens show up, but Gary's had some interesting speakers & programs-
including my personal favorite- an early meeting where he lined up 5 meals
that he'd purchased: chinese, pizza, bagel sandwich, Boston Market, and
????...and gave prizes for the most accurate carb counting guesstimates!
   You can e-mail me for more details....

Regards, Renee ( Melissa's pump-mom)