RE: [IP] Velosulin Humulog mixture

> I haven't heard of this before.  What does Velosulin do to the site?
>  I am on Lispro.

Velosulin or most other insulins don't do anything to the site.
Humalog (lispro), however, irritates infusion sites for some small
percentage of people. About 5% of our surveyed list members use an
insulin mix to moderate this irritation and thus promote the
longevity of their infusion sites. The typical complaint is that
sites only last for a couple of days if that. With Velosulin or
regular insulin,  the sites will last 4 or more days (not advised). A
mix of Humalog and Velosulin seems to extend the life of the site to
at least 4 days for most people. The reasons behind this are unknown,
but there is ample ancedotal evidence from Insulin Pumpers list
members of all ages (kids & adults) that this little trick works.