[IP] urine - you're out

well i have been reading with lackluster interest about the urine
procedures....and I just have to add my 3 quarts....

When I participated in the aminoguanidine/pimaine study (a drug they are/were
testing for its potential to stop the sticky proteins from attaching), I was
ding a 24 hour every 3months...I lived in Texas, with a DORM sized fridge in
my house...yes the kind you used to have under your bed in college that hold
a six pack of diet coke and a pint of ben and jerry's if you squash it kinda

NO way would that jug fit, even if there was nothing else in there.  I also
told the researchers I only got 6 tiny ice cubes at a time...and they said
don't worry about it.  That is why they put the preservative in there!  They
didn't want it sitting around for several days after it was saved, of course,
so I would do it the day before my appointment...no big deal.

I guess if you live a real planned, structured life and don't want to lug a
pee jug to work and therefore you can ONLY do it on a weekend, then the ice
is important...if you do the saving on Sunday and your appt isn't until
Thursday, there might be some creedance to keeping it chilled...

But then I am also the kind of person who has no problem walking down the
hall with a plastic bag in my hand....shoot no one knows whats in there but
YOU, and maybe the diabetic door man to your building.

NYC Sara