[IP] Re:Comfort zone

In a message dated 06/06/2000 5:10:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< t 05:25 PM 06/05/2000 -0400, you wrote:
 >Been following the comments and almost didn't weigh in on this one, but I'm
 >now wondering if I give my child too much freedom! Stephanie is 11 next
 >diagnosed at age 4, pumping for 27 months. She was allowed to sleepovers
 >while still on MDI  but I would always drive over at mealtimes and draw up
 >her shots. She also has been to visit out of state relatives while still on
 >shots (we drew up bunches of mixed shots, labelled them all carefully, and
Betsy, I think it is wonderful that your dtr is so independent and able to
make her own decisions. My dtr is also 11, was diagnosed at 5 and has been
pumping 2 months. She also attends a non D camp but she is not as willing or
ready to take on her own care and so we actually pay extra to have a nurse
help her out. Marlee has done a few sleep overs tho not many and seems to be
more comfortable sleeping home. She even insists on going to the school nurse
for blood checks. I believe every person has their own comfort level. You are
smart to respect your daughters independence! I hope that when my daughter is
more willing to take on more I can let go!!( altho the pump has certainly
been a help in that respect!)