[IP] local doc needs paddle

A local doc is in danger of losing her license for her treatment of a
newbie diabetic.

She is known for her sometimes using alternative treatments, and she is a
community activist. My wife used to go see her until we switched to an HMO.

Her patient came in with classic signs of diabetes (thirst etc.) The
physician dx'd the diabetes and gave the gentleman a choice- insulin
therapy OR a vegetarian diet with lots of water.

The patient chose the diet and his bgs DID become lower.  After a while he
became less vigilent about the diet and became sick. He was admitted to an
ER with very bad numbers.  He is now on insulin and seeing another md.. SHE
has HER a--- in a sling.  She is also claiming harassment due to her
embracing of alternative therapies in general and some of her political
views specifically.

I'd be interested in other opinions of this. Personally I AM on a
vegetarian diet and try to drink enuf water; but wouldn't think of
substituting that regimen for insulin.

Bob A