[IP] Re: 24hr urine test

My urologist (whom I see for kidney stones) told me that I should
have passed about 3 qts of urine in 24hrs but I only passed about
half that (needless to say, he was NOT happy about that.) I kept
my jug in a bucket of ice (and some water) in the bathroom.
That's what the lab told me to do with it. They said I could also
keep it in the fridge if I wanted to, but eeeeewwww!!! I kept it
on the ice when I transported it back to the lab, but left the
bucket in the car once I got there. They immediately put the jug
in their fridge right after they shook the heck out of it to mix
the preservative. LOL
Hope this helps!

Jan said:
I *believe* a standard volume is about a gallon - not too sure -
mine was at one time. I have a difficult time putting out a half
a gallon now. I'm limited on my fluid intake.

Take care, Kerri, alulitsuti (mother of many children)
"God teaches the birds to make nests, yet the nests of all birds
are not alike." Duwamish proverb