Re: [IP] Velosulin Humulog mixture

On 5 Jun 00, at 20:10, Andrew Bender, M. D. wrote:

> In the interest of keeping a site longer than 3 days what do you suggest
> for mixing Velosulin and Humulog. I have a basal of 1.4 u/hr of Humulog
> Every endo I asked never heard of this but it's obviously a good method.
> AB

I would not suggest keeping a site longer than 3 days.  It seems
that the body starts to react to the "invasion" by the catheter after
that point and using a mix would not necessarily help.  I do use a
5H to 1V mix so that my sites do not go bad at 2 days. YMMV
My endo had not heard of mixing either, but we are going to
experiment to see what my A1cs do with and without the mix.

George