Re: [IP] out of comfort zone

Hi Robin,

My son is 6 and has been pumping since last August.  When he goes to a
friend's house I have him call me if he's going to eat anything.  I tell the
mother how much insulin and she watches him bolus.  It's worked very well so
far.  We haven't really hit the sleepover age yet, but he did go on a bike
ride to a local park yesterday with another child's father.  Scary for me,
but I turned down his pump, gave the dad a juice box and hoped for the best.
Everything went fine.  The basic rule in our house is that diabetes stinks,
but with freedom comes responsibility.  No responsibility, no freedom  -
emphasizing that the reason is love.

Good luck,