[IP] Changing Jobs - Insurance

Please be very sure that your insurance coverage overlaps...i.e., if you
leave your job a Friday and don't start your new job till Monday - that time
span MAY be considered a lapse in coverage, as it was for me by BCBS of
Alabama.   Because I had already signed an employment letter, my new
employer rolled my coverage back to the previous Friday.    Personally, I
think that is tacky,  unethical, and close to illegal ( a loophole in the
law for sure), but they will get you anyway they can, so please be sure you
are covered minute to minute.  That way you have to be covered in your new
job with no pre-existing condition clause applicable.
Just my experience.
Bonnie Richardson