[IP] 24-hr. urine test

> The best time of year is in the
> winter when you can leave the "jug" outside, rather than in the
> refrigerator.  Not too appetizing!  As far as color and amount, I don't
> know.
> Angie

Angie, where do you live? Not a good idea to keep the jug outside in the
winter where it freezes consistently. I have a small tub that I put ice in
and put it on the back steps in the garage. I cover it with a folded throw
rug for insulation and it keeps well. Sometimes the color depends on what
vitamins you take, so don't worry about that. I get 2-3 of these tests a
year. I *believe* a standard volume is about a gallon - not too sure - mine
was at one time. I have a difficult time putting out a half a gallon now.
I'm limited on my fluid intake. I read that a *normal* person *goes* about 7
oz every 3-4 hours. Mine is about 3 oz every 7 hours, except the first one
in the a.m. when I can overflow a quart jar!  Nephrologist says it's because
the nerves to the kidneys relax when I'm sleeping and allow the urine to
flow. My kidneys now function at about 23%. 8^(
Jan (61 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83)