[IP] out of comfort zone

I hope I'm not the only one...

Kevin is 12 and since his dx, I am very cautious about him going over to
friends houses for very long AND he hasnt slept anywhere but home. I am VERY
good about him having friends here for the day or to sleep over, however.

My dilemna is that he is getting more and more invites, and it is getting
harder to say NO so much or have the child at my house. I'm taking off the
summer again and I love that.  Kevin is so unpredictable when it comes to
exercise and with his ADHD he isnt always thinking like he should.  When he
is with friends, he needs many reminders to check or turn off the pump to do
this or that...and I'm scared I guess.

Does anyone else (parent) feel this way or am I just over-doing it? It is a
lot for me to explain to a parent about his carb:insulin ratio and taking
into account exercise, and make sure he turns off if he is doing a lot of
activity BUT I want him to have a life! ha ha.

Sorry if I blabber to long...just worried about him.

Mom to Kevin, 12, dx 12/98
pumping since 5/99