[IP] infusion set sensitivity

> Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 11:50:12 EDT
> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] Re: infusion set sensitivity
> I have to change the set so frequently b/c of the increase in insulin.  I
> taking 300 units of insulin every day and a halfl.  The infections I have
> been getting are just an added bonus.  LOL!
> I just had a baby in June of 99 so I am looking very forward to getting
> preg. over with.  It seems I haven't had a break yet !!!

Wow, I know the difficulty - my two are 10 months and 14 days apart! I cried
the whole second pregnancy, and the three of us cried every day the
following three months. Best wishes, dear.  But, I still think to conserve
insulin in the reservoir, and to preserve the site, injections instead of
boluses might help. Let the pump run the basal since you will still be using
quite a bit that way. 300 units is a lot of insulin for one site to absorb.
It would still be 300 units of insulin, but spread over about three days,
instead. Let us know how it goes.
Jan (& Bluda Sue)