Re: [IP] mini med vs disetronic

When I started pumping in early 1995, there were no quick release sets yet.  I used the sports pack on my MiniMed for swimming, showering and even at a water park without any problems.
ICQ#: 3822759
----- Original Message -----
From: email @ redacted>Pam Chandler
To: email @ redacted>email @ redacted
Sent: Sunday, June 04, 2000 11:01 AM
Subject: [IP] mini med vs disetronic

I'm new here and not yet a pumper but hope to be soon if insurance will cover it. I am concerned about choosing the right pump. I originally had wanted the disetronic due to it's waterproof capabilities but then the new mini med has a remote. Has anyone used the sports pak with the mini med and found that it is waterproof? We have a pool and are in the water quite a bit in the summer. Anothe concern is that there is no local provider for disetronic supplies in my area (Oklahoma) so I would have to order from California, or so I am told by my insurance carrier. That means I would really have to stay on top of keeping up with my supplies. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This is a big decision for me since it will be a big mpact on my lifestyle.