[IP] Re: infusion set sensitivity

In a message dated 6/4/00 12:05:28 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< 'm a little confused - the infections and/or the increased insulin
 requirements cause the set change need? Certainly your medical team might
 have advice for the infections - and posssible Rx. But, if you can tolerate
 a set in longer, I have often given myself a shot instead of a bolus to
 conserve the reservoir insulin and the infusion site. I'd rather shoot in
 6-10 units than deplete the pump and change expensive sites more often. Is
 this your first child? >>

I have to change the set so frequently b/c of the increase in insulin.  I am
taking 300 units of insulin every day and a halfl.  The infections I have
been getting are just an added bonus.  LOL!

This is my 3rd child, but first one with the pump.  It has helped alot.  I
just had a baby in June of 99 so I am looking very forward to getting this
preg. over with.  It seems I haven't had a break yet !!!  I plan on talking
to my endo on my weekly visit on Tuesday a/b the site sensitivity.