Re: [IP] School Truancy Problems

Hi! Last year we went thru the same experience however our school did not
take it as far as your school has. We had a meeting with the teacher and
principal to help them understand and educate them about diabetes. Our school
now...excuses my daughter when we are late~ with a "medical reason" for being
tardy. From what I understand it is different than an unexcused tardy. So
this school year we have been tardy at least 25 times due to high or low
blood sugar and being physically exhausted...and we have not rec'd a truancy
letter from the school board. They are very supportive.
If I can find any info to help you with this...let me know. Talk to your
endocronologist for some supportive literature/facts.