[IP] increased insulin requirements

> About the
> past 2 weeks, it seems like every single set causes an infection.
> <snip> am having to change the sets outs about evey
> day and a half b/c of the increase in insulin requirements due to the
> pregnancy, so it cant be that I am wearing them to long. Any advice would
> be appreciated.
> Dee Dee

Dee Dee,
I'm a little confused - the infections and/or the increased insulin
requirements cause the set change need? Certainly your medical team might
have advice for the infections - and posssible Rx. But, if you can tolerate
a set in longer, I have often given myself a shot instead of a bolus to
conserve the reservoir insulin and the infusion site. I'd rather shoot in
6-10 units than deplete the pump and change expensive sites more often. Is
this your first child?
Jan (61 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) & Bluda Sue (MM 507C, 3/99)