Re: [IP] Diabetes and Anxiety

Hi Deanna:  I can relate when you panic over lows.  They are NO FUN!
I know that the only time I get nervous about a low is when I know I have no
sugar sources near by.  Sometimes I think I am experiencing a low, I get my
Dex out of my purse to double check.  Many times I am amazed that my bg is
This is why I keep a glucometer with me at all times.  Like others who have
responded, I can tell you from being Diabetic for 35 yrs.  ALWAYS keep at
least 20 carbs that can be easily devoured in a short time, exp. Juice boxes,
power bars etc.  You will have NO need to panic then.  I usually alert the
person I am with that if I "fade away" call 911.  I hope this helps to allay
some of your fears.
Jackie P